Several New potatoes
Fresh-ground black pepper
Fresh or dried thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Fill a large stock pot halfway with water. Bring to a boil and salt liberally.
- Add the potatoes to the water and boil for 15 to 20 minutes, until fork tender. Strain and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- Drizzle olive oil on a sheet pan and place the potatoes on the pan. With the palm of your hand, press down on the center to smash each potato.
- Drizzle each potato with olive oil and season with sea salt, black pepper and fresh thyme.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the tops are browned and the potatoes are crisp.
Ideas for Eating:
Try it like we did with salad and steak.
For breakfast, top each smashed potato with a fried egg and sliced avocado.
For a little twist, top each with some shredded parmesan cheese.