1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
1 TBLS melted coconut oil
3 TBLS nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse, drain, and pat dry the chickpeas then set aside in a medium bowl.
3. Mix together the nutritional yeast, salt, chili powder and garlic powder.
4. Pour the melted coconut oil over the chickpeas and stir to combine.
5. Add the seasoning mix to the bowl and mix gently to combine. i like to add half the seasoning, mix, then add the rest and mix again.
6. Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet in one layer so no chickpea is on top of another.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes (20 for soft, 30 for crispy, 25 for a crispy shell and soft inside- MY FAVORITE!) Shake the baking sheet halfway through the cooking time to roll the chickpeas around and get even cooking.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy right away, or store for a few days as a snack (if it makes it that long!).
Ideas for Eating:
I like to snack on these straight up.
Try them in an omelet filled with guac, spinach and a layer of the roasted chickpeas.