4 Salmon Filets (skin on or off, doesn't matter)
2 TBLS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic, Thyme, Chili Powder, and Salt to taste (i.e. I didn't measure.)
Jar of Sauerkraut (or about 16 oz)
1. Rub the salmon with the olive oil.
2. If the skin is on, just sprinkle the spices on the side that doesn't have skin and rub them in a little.
3. If the skin is off, you can rub spices on both sides.
4. Let the rubbed filets chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to soak up the flavors.
5. Grill them over medium heat for 3-7 minutes on either side, depending on how thick the filets are, and how done you like your fish.
6. Heat the sauerkraut over the stove or in the microwave.
7. Serve the fish topped with the sauerkraut. Enjoy!
Ideas for Eating:
Eat it with a side of roasted potatoes and a green salad!
Eat it with Gurken Salat (a German salad of cucumbers and cabbage)
This month, I listened to the book, "Room" by Emma Donoghue. I tried reading it earlier in the year and just couldn't get into it as it is written from a five year old's point of view. But, after a glowing review of the movie from my husband, and a suggestion to read it first, I decided to try the audio book instead. WOW! It was so well read and I was hooked all the way through. It's both exciting and thought provoking. I highly recommend the audio book, followed by the movie.