You will need an oven rack, like a Turkey rack in a roaster pan, to put these ribs on while they cook.
1. Preheat oven to 280 degrees F.
2. Add a little water (about 1/2 inch) to the bottom of a roasting pan.
3. Place ribs, meat side up, on a rack in the pan, over the water.
4. Add onion slices and sprinkle thyme on top of the meat. (optional)
5. Cover the meat with tinfoil and seal it over the pan so the water will steam inside the pan. This whole baking process can also be done in a slow cooker, but I've never tried.
6. Bake for 3 hours.
***At this point, the ribs can be refrigerated if you are going to wait to grill them.
7. Brush some BBQ sauce over the ribs and grill for 5-8 minutes, sauce side up.
8. Turn the ribs over, brush with BBQ sauce again, and grill again for 5-8 minutes.
Ideas for Eating:
My family really enjoys pairing these ribs with corn on the cob, roasted potatoes, and a fresh green salad.
I enjoy these for breakfast with an egg, bell pepper, onion and garlic skillet.