Since I cooked just for myself, this recipe is good for one large serving. It's a one pan kind of deal so if you want more than 1 serving… you'd probably want to use two pans or a nice big wok (which I don't have.)
1/2 7oz bag brown rice vermicelli noodles (I found some at Woodman's)
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 small onion, chopped
Big handful of chopped kale (no stems)
1 cup of any other veggies you want… I went with sugar-snap peas and sweet potatoes
1 tbls lime juice
4 tbls broth
1 tbls coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
2 tbls extra virgin olive oil OR ghee
1 tbls Lake Shore Drive seasoning
1 tsp salt
2-3 sprigs of fresh chopped cilantro
1. soak the noodles in a bowl of room temperature water, per the bag's instructions.
2. Add olive oil or ghee to a large wok or pan on medium heat and add onion and garlic, and any vegetable that needs to be cooked to be eaten… like sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, mushrooms, etc. I add in the kale and peas later, as I prefer them heated but still crispy and textured.
3. After a few minutes, when things are becoming soft, add the lime juice, coconut aminos, and half the broth to the pan.
4. Shake out the soaking noodles and add them to the pan. A little water on them is fine, no need to pat dry.
5. Stir it up and top it with the kale, salt, Lake Shore Drive seasoning (or any seasoning you'd prefer) and other veggies.
6. Put a top on the pan and cook on medium/low without stirring for about 5 minutes. The noodles should get slightly crispy on the bottom of the pan.
7. Add the rest of the broth to the pan. Turn the noodles over and cook for another 3 minutes.
8. Put the whole thing on a plate and use the warmed pan to scramble up 3 eggs.
9. Add the noodle stir-fry back to the pan when the eggs are done and mix it all together.
10. Put it all back on the plate, top with the chopped cilantro, and enjoy!
ideas for eating:
This is a one dish dinner, great all on it's own!
I tried it with some left-over fish as well, adding it during step 5.
Check out Alessia Cara's songs: Here and Wild Things
Sassy, clever, smart, catchy, real… her songs inspire and delight me. Enjoy!
"So aye, we brought our drum and this is how we dance
No mistakin', we make our breaks, if you don't like our 808s
Then leave us alone, cause we don't need your policies
We have no apologies for being...
Find me where the wild things are
We'll be alright, don't mind us, yeah
Find me where the wild things are."