4 Cups peeled, spiraled sweet potatoes, chopped into smaller pieces (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
2 Eggs to make the sweet potatoes
1 fried Egg to top each pattie
1 Roma Tomato
2 tsp Wild Tree Guacamole Seasoning
4 Slices of Bacon, cooked to your desired crispiness
Coconut Oil (for frying sweet potatoes)
*Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Peel, spiral, then chop the sweet potatoes.
2. Put the 4 cups of sweet potatoes into a bowl, add 2 eggs and mix.
3. Make about 8 3-inch diameter patties from the mix by first packing the potatoes into a 1/4 C measuring cup.
3. Put a few Tbls of coconut oil into a pan on medium heat. Place the patties in the pan and crisp both sides (about 2 minutes on each side, just enough to brown them)
4. Place crisped patties onto wax paper on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
While the potatoes are baking, make the bacon and guac.
5. For the bacon: I like to make my bacon crispy in the microwave by putting it between two pieces of paper towel, making sure each piece isn't touching another piece and cooking it on high for 5 minutes.
6. For the guac: Mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl. Chop the tomato small and add it to the bowl. Mix in the seasoning.
7. Take the patties out and let them firm up a bit while you make the fried eggs. Make as many as you want then layer the patties with guac, bacon and the egg on top!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can refrigerate the uneaten patties and heat them up to eat later!
Ideas for Eating:
Eat it for breakfast with a side of fruit.
Have the patties with ketchup as a side to a burger.
Check out Pete Holmes', You Made It Weird, podcast episode 310 with Aaron Rodgers!
Pete Holmes is a pretty well known comedian/podcaster with a unique attitude and outlook on life. While I'm not a huge fan, his interviews can be a bit crude at times, this episode was entertaining, inspiring, and thought provoking. I learned and laughed a lot about one of my favorite professional athletes: Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers.