Crock Pot Egg-White Casserole:
10 egg whites (save 3 yolks)
1 Bell Pepper, diced
2 Baby Purple Onions, diced
2 medium Sweet Potatoes, diced
1 tsp salt (or more if you prefer)
1/4 tsp pepper (or more if you prefer)
1/2 tsp Chipotle Chicken Seasoning (or Lowreys)
Vegan Hollandaise Sauce:
3 Egg Yolks
2 Tbls Coconut Oil
1 Tbls Dijon Mustard
1 Tbls ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt
1. Dice all the veggies, mix together with the egg whites and pour into the crock pot. (Store the 3 leftover egg yolks in the fridge)
2. Cook on high for about 2 hours, depending on your crock pot.
3. When the casserole is finished, make the Hollandaise sauce to serve immediately.
4. Combine all the Hollandaise sauce ingredients in a bowl and use an immersion blender to "frothify" it. If you don't have an immersion blender, a regular blender will work just fine. Mix it until it's nice and smooth and frothy.
5. Heat the sauce in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds until warm, but not cooked. This can also be done on a stove top. I don't have either of these options so I poured boiling water in a bowl, put a smaller bowl with my blended sauce inside that bowl, and placed a third bowl overtop to trap the heat. It took about 3 minutes to get it to a nice warm temperature. *There are many, more professional, methods to making a good Hollandaise sauce, but this was easy, foolproof, and pretty much my only option.
6. Eat immediately overtop the egg-white casserole.
Ideas for Eating:
Top any kind of egg white creation with this sauce.
BONUS! Music Recommendation!
Check out the Gardiner Sisters
The Gardiner Sisters is a sister trio that make acoustic covers of songs with a guitar, piano and great harmony. Their music is relaxing and happy and a nice accompaniment to cooking or grading!