1 egg yolk + 3 egg whites, mixed thoroughly
2 TBLS extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2-inch slice of Jim's Meat Market (or any place) summer sausage, diced
1 handful spinach, stems removed
1 tsp minced garlic
1 full slice of a medium onion, diced
3 strawberries, sliced
*optional: feta cheese
1. Heat 2 TBLS extra virgin olive oil over a pan on medium/low heat.
2. Saute the onions, garlic, and spinach until spinach is wilted and the onions are translucent. Take them out of the pan and set them aside for now.
2. Add the egg mixture to the pan and let cook for a few minutes with a top on, until it's golden on the bottom and "flip-able."
3. Flip the eggs, top them with the summer sausage, and the garlic/onion/spinach mixture. *and Feta Cheese if you so choose.
5. Let it cook for about 30 seconds with a top on.
6. Turn off the heat, and fold the omelet in half, pressing down to make it stay.
Ideas for Eating:
Enjoy this omelet with feta cheese if you eat dairy, and a side of strawberries.
This month, I have spent a few minutes each morning enjoying a cup of Woman's Moon Cycle Tea by Yogi Tea. It has a unique flavor blend that is warm and energizing. I recommend it!